Jun 2, 2009

PLURKing around the Internet

 

Plurk

I was invited by my friend Edward to join this Social Network called Plurk. And I was like, What the hell is that about? Anyways, I said “Well, I got nothing to lose, so what the heck” I signed up on Plurk and this is what I have to say.

 

Plurk is Great! It’s very different from all the Social networking sites and Micro-Blogging site that I have seen because of its unique features that I really like, but before that what is Plurk?

 

WHAT IS PLURK?

Plurk

 

Well according to the site:

Plurk is a site that allows you to showcase the event that make up your life in deliciously digestible chunks. Low in fat, 5 calories per serving, yet chock full of goodness

Yes, Plurk is actually a micro-blog, like the ever popular Twitter, that shows short updates about what you are doing right now or about your thoughts that you want to share.

 

Also according to the creators of the micro-blog, the etymology or meaning of the word PLURK is:

  • abbreviation of 'people' and 'lurk'
  • portmanteau of 'play' and 'work'
  • acronym of peace, love, unity, respect, and karma

A word with lots of meanings, cool huh! :)

 

INTERFACE/Features:

Well for the sake of the pictures I’ll use my profile. xD

 

Plurk TimelineTIMELINE INTERFACE:

The interactive timeline interface shows recent '”Plurks” of your friends and the ones that you follow. The interface updates in real-time. If you manage to click the plurks on your timeline an IM box will appear so you can respond on their plurks and talk about a certain topic.

 

Plurk_textbox PLURK TEXTBOX:

This is what you use when you want to Plurk about something – a photo, link, video, you name it!. And Plurking is even easier with the use of Qualifiers - the yummy color coded words that you see above which are commonly used by our members to start plurks. They make it easy for you to identify different types of plurks visually. So you can easily tell what someone <feels>, or <thinks>, or <loves> or <was> doing.

 

Profile

PROFILE:

that’s my profile (hehe). Moving on!

The profile shows your Mutual Friends, Fans, your Profile statistics, and the Karma. Karma is one thing that I like about Plurk because when your Karma Points goes up, you will unlock new features:

 

Plurk Karma

 

I think this is a clever way to keep their Plurk users to be active at the site and to gather their friends to join Plurk, and by being active, they are rewarded of new Emoticons and other cool stuffs and they will reach Plurk Nirvana…

 

As an end to this post, I would like to invite you to join Plurk and be my friend there. This image is something that I made to formally invite you to the Plurk community. Enjoy! :)

 

Sign Up to Plurk! :)

IT’S YOUR TURN!

 

WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT PLURK AND ITS FEATURES? TELL IT IN COMMENTS!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Powerade Coupons